Don't get me wrong, everything is going peachy for me. Life has it's usual ups and downs, but I am very happy with where I am in life.
Today's post comes from one of those sweet "Facebook Memories" that pop up for me every morning. I used to get daily notifications that I have memories, but Facebook stopped doing that. I always got so excited to go and look back and see how far I have come over the years, that now, every morning, it's one of the first things I go looking for.
This morning, one year ago, I had written this post.
It was quite the monumental post to write and publish. It took a lot of guts, balls, what-have-you, to write that post. To really reflect where I came from, my struggles with weight (and laziness, to be honest), and work my ass to get where I wanted to be.
In the post, I had written a few goals for myself that I wanted to accomplish:
- Run the Ottawa Race Weekend Half Marathon - Completed, May 2017
- To be able to do pull ups without a band - Completed March-ish, 2017
- To deadlift over 215lb (my old weight, really) - My 1RM is now 265lbs, sooo, completed!
- I want to be able to do Spartan next summer - Not really a goal of mine anymore, would still be fun to do.
I love that I wrote those goals. They seemed so fleeting at the time, goals that were going to be very hard to accomplish, yet I never gave up, worked my ass off, and accomplished them, and so much more, within the year.
So, because I love being able to see progress and be able to compare to where I was before, I am going to write a few goals I have for myself in the next year. I use a program called Beyond the Whiteboard (shoutout!!) and it allows me to track all my workouts, which is a really great way to see progress as well.
- Be able to do a muscle up
- Compete more in Crossfit
- Run another half marathon
- Travel more
So, October 2018, I'm coming for ya!