Friday, September 23, 2016

Thank GOODNESS it's Friyay!

TGIF!


Regardless of being currently cold and rainy, it is Friday, which is basically the best day of the week for most of you. It means possibly sleeping in, catching up with friends, or taking part in some much anticipated plans of BEAU'S OKTOBERFEST!


I am heading there tomorrow with some friends and planning on staying the entire day. I am so excited for beer, food and live music! I will most definitely be cheating on my Real Food Reset, but life is about balance, and I bought these tickets before I signed up for the food reset, so commitment, right? I have promised myself I will not feel guilty about it, I will enjoy my day, and get back on track first thing Sunday morning.


I finally made my first recipe last night from the Real Food Reset meal plan. All this week I have just been making super quick meals, while following the rules set out, because I have had no time to make a proper meal. Last night I made this amazing baked sweet potato thing (all recipes are from Stephanie Kay, I take no ownership of these, check out her blog for more amazing recipes!).


I'll quickly run over the recipe; it was super simple to start, head to the gym and come home to continue.
  • Stab a sweet potato 3-4 times with a fork and wrap in aluminum foil 
  • Bake for an hour at 400
  • Heat up a tsp of olive oil in a pan, mix in onions, peppers, garlic.
  • Add in a can of black beans.
  • Add spices according to your taste; I like me some spice so I put cumin, pepper and basil.
  • Smush some avocado in a bowl with pepper
  • Take out said potato; slice it down the middle and put on your panned ingredients!
VOILA!

It was SO delicious, so filling and so fresh tasting! I made two potatoes and enough filling for a second meal.


One more shout out I'd like to make this morning is LVD Fitness. They are an Ottawa-based fitness apparel company that makes some super cute, functional workout wear. Iron North is a huge supporter of them, and you should too! Read their story here to learn more about WaterAid, who they have partnered with. It's a great local company that is trying to make a difference! Here is me in my new crop top I bought at the 1 year INS party! It's comfy and I can wear it working out and out with a jean jacket. Except that it is now almost OCTOBER which means sweaters, pants and SOCKS....






I hope everyone has a great weekend! Despite the somewhat chilly weather, get out there, because soon we will have a few feet of snow on the ground.


Signing out,
D

No comments:

Post a Comment